Ola Electric today shook the market by surprise when they announced on the YouTube Stream “Live with Bhavish Aggarwal”, they would discontinue the sales of the Ola S1 variant.
For the S1 variant, we have two products running on the roads i.e., S1 Air and S1 Pro. The S1 variant was launched in 2021 and it was the first ever product of Ola.
Reasons for stopping the Ola S1 sales
- Competitive pricing of S1 Air and S1 Pro. S1 Air gave is considered a more accessible vehicle by many customers.
- The similarity between both the products. It was basically they were different in names.
Some other updates of the Live event are-
- Ola is working on Move OS4 and hopefully, they’ll launch the software soon.
- Ola is also working on electric bikes, so maybe in the future, we can get to see Ola bikes. This was also hinted at by Mr. Bhavish who mentioned that they will be expanding their product portfolio.
- Deliveries of S1 Air will start in August 2023.
3,000 S1 Air sold-out
Just after opening the purchase window of the S1 Air within an hour, the company sold out 1,000 units of the electric scooter. CEO Bhavish Aggarwal took to X and made a big announcement later the orders received were increased.
3000! I’m also heading to the factory now 😳 https://t.co/q89piwCOfA
— Bhavish Aggarwal (@bhash) July 27, 2023
After a couple of hours, the CEO informed on X that S1 Air got order for more than 3,000 Units. These are the exceptional number that the company got in no time.