- MG motor’s New Compact Electric car will offer a range of 150 km on a single charge.
- This affordable electric car is expected to start from Rs 10 lakh (ex-showroom) in India
The electric vehicle market in India is growing rapidly, and many ICE manufacturers are looking to switch to electric vehicle manufacturing. As there are very few options for affordable electric cars in the market, MG Motor is all set to launch its compact and affordable electric car in the Indian market next year.
Following the massive success of the ZS EV in the Indian E4Wmarket, the company is launching its new entry-level electric car, Which is based on the Wuling Air EV for the Indian market.
The company has also started road tests for its upcoming model. And then, recently, MG’s new Micro Electric car was spied testing in Gujarat and other cities as well. (image attached below)
This compact electric car from MG uses a 40bhp electric motor and 20-25kWH battery, which will offer a range of 150 km on a full charge.
MG’s entry-level EV will be based on the offerings from MG’s sister brand Wuling. MG’s new, budget-friendly electric car will be based on Wuling’s Air EV, codenamed the E230. The E230 is based on Wulin’s Global Small Electric Vehicle (GSEV) platform.
Since it is based on the GSEV platform, it will be smaller in length than the Maruti Alto and will have a wheelbase of 2010 mm. It will also get a two-door body style. Through its compact model, MG Motor will try to impact even the Indian urban congested cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, etc.
MG Motor Entry-Level EV Features:
- It will have a range of 150 km on a single charge.
- It will be offered with a 40bhp electric motor and 20-25kWH battery.
- A two-door body style with many other features like a large touch screen, digital instrument cluster, and more connectivity features.
- The new MG EV will use LFP cylindrical cells, a type of lithium-ion battery capable of charging and discharging at higher speeds than other types of batteries.
(LFP Cylindrical Cell) These cells are similar to Tata Nexon EVs as they are economical, reliable, and better suited for Indian conditions.
MG Motor entry-level EV price and release date-
MG Motor’s most compact and affordable electric car is expected to start from Rs 10lakhs onwards and will make its Indian debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2023.