Raptee Energy is a Chennai-based electric vehicle startup company that is planning to start the sales of the vehicles in the coming months, not just this, but they are also exploring some investors who can fund their startup.
The company representative was spotted in the Chennai markets during the bike test. On inquiring, he said that he works for the company and was probably riding the new upcoming model of the company which can be a part of the test. Dinesh Arjun, CEO, and co-founder of Raptee Energy said that the motorcycle would compete with 250cc and 500cc vehicles. The company is working on a different vehicle that will go on sale in 2024 and compete with 150cc motorcycles. Now let’s understand some basic details about the vehicles produced by the company.
Two model variants of the company are-
- Mark 1: Performing similarly to a 500-750cc motorcycle
- Mark 2: Performing similarly to a 150-250cc motorcycle
According to the company, the current electric bike will offer the following features:
- A Top speed of 135 kmph can be achieved
- With a week-long charge, the Electric Bike can give a range of 150 km Range
- Acceleration 0-60kmph in less than 3.5 seconds
- 0-80% charge within 45 minutes
- Other additional benefits are VCU usage which has an ML algorithm, CCS 2 charging system which lets the customer charge anywhere, with activated safety features.