Today, Mumbai-based PMV Electric will introduce the EaS-E, its first electric vehicle, to the Indian market.
Here are some of the updates of PMV Electric –
- The vehicle can be controlled by your mobile phone using a dedicated EaS-E “EV CONNECT” application.
- The E-car has features like Cruise Control, Car Unlock, Turn Indicators, Honk Counter, Reverse Mode, Electrically controlled ORVMs, Navigation, E-Feet Free mode, Follow-me-home lights, Single pedal drive, OTA updates, and Parking assistance.
- The small structure of the car will reduce the traffic on the road.
- The sustainability of the EaS-E car is 55g of carbon emission per/km, the Kilometer to breakeven is 7,000 km and it requires 7 months time for this whole process of breakdown. The car can be used for intra-city transportation.
- The PMV Eas-E electric car has a top speed of 70 kmph and a range of up to 200 km on a single full charge.
- The charging time takes 3-4 hours and the operational cost is less than 75p/km
- The manufacturer asserts that the safety of the smart car is unaffected. The car has high-strength sheet metal seatbelts and an airbag.
- A PMSM electric motor with 10 kW of power and 500 Nm of torque will drive the vehicle’s wheels.
- The vehicle receives IP67-rated lithium iron phosphate batteries.
- The company has finally revealed the prices of the vehicle for the PMV electric car start from Rs 4.79 lakh for the first ten thousand who place orders for the base model. You can sign up for a pre-booking as well. The company claims that they have secured up to 6,000 pre-orders for the car globally.
PMV Electric Micro-Car EaS-E Price & Specfication
|Price||4.79 Lakh ( Starting Price)|
|Top Speed||70 KMPH|
|Charging Time||3-4 Hours|
|Battery||Lii- Iron Phosphate|
Kalpit Patel Founder and CEO said, “We’ve been looking forward to this day from the start of our journey, to share our vision of the future of urban mobility. Today we unveiled the EaS-E, your everyday car to the world. The team and I have been very fortunate to have had this opportunity and work on a product that not only pushed our creative and innovative limits to raise the bar but also paved the way to create a new category in the Indian Automotive industry called the Personal Mobility Vehicle (PMV), alongside the SUV, Sedan & hatchback categories. We look forward to hitting the production ASAP.”
About PMV Electric:
PMV Electric is an EV startup focussing on personal mobility. The company builds vehicles from scratch that are fully electric and purpose-built for everyday use. Founded in 2018 by an engineer- Kalpit Patel, the company was incorporated with the mission of building the future of personal mobility that offers safe, sustainable, technology. The company envisions accelerating the adoption of sustainable mobility for everyday use.
Why would someone require a 2-seater car? People buy cars to commute as a Family. Instead of purchasing a 2-seater car for Rs. 4lakhs, one would buy an electric scooter for 1.5 lakhs. Two-wheelers will come in handy to maneuver the city traffic.
See his vision what want tell . You when u carry your child in scotty . Bikes and cars cross and cutting like anything one miss and u are gone and regret . Hope you will this vision on youtube
Urban people needs two seater car for daily use.. this is must to save money and trafic congestion as of now 80 % cars are single person driving. 4 seater cars is now over burdan..
Having a second seat allows the transport of an additional passenger. A big advantage for many transport missions.
It is needed mostly to own as a second car for daily shopping and dropping kids at school or office commute in cities to avoid traffic
It’s a very nice concept for safety. But the pricing strategy will kill the idea…very ugly pricing..
They call it main targets are bike users, office goers.. majority of the two wheeler users are middle class population. They can’t spend this hefty cost for a utility vehicle (by which I mean only for office transit this can be used) family trip can’t be facilitated.. so this has to be agressively priced between 3 to 3 5 lacs with a good range.. otherwise this will be a failure
How safe is this vehicle in a front/rear/side collision with a regular car?
How many can actually commute in this car including driver?
It seems only the driver on the front seat and two in the rear seat.
For two seater car to be successful in India, it has to be priced like a 2 seater scooter. So a 5 seater will be more successful, because it has to compete with a 5 seater car and there is no 5 seater bike to complete against.
Sir is this approved by ARAI ?
ईस EV मिनी कार की मध्यम वर्ग में मांग दुगनी हो सकती कि:-
(1) ईसकी कीमत EV दुपहिए वाहन की कीमत से दुगना करें,
(2) और सीट 1+2 करें,
(3)मनोरंजन के लिए ऑडियो सेट का भी ऑफर होना चाहिए,
(4)हमारे देश के नियम के अनुसार सभी सीट पर सीट-बेल्ट होनी चाहिए !
इतने फीचर मिलने से जनता और ज्यादा प्रभावित होगी जिससे कार निर्माता को बहुत ज्यादा उत्पादन बढ़ाना पड़ेगा ! Best of luck.
It is so small like toy car for kids. I dont think it will going to chase big pot holes of Our India
Over pricing, if someone need car why not Maruti 800 in 4L with 4 seaters capacity. Increase the seating capacity to 3 at least and work on price. I bought my first car when I felt I can’t go together with my 4 members family in scotty or bike.
Good if pricing comes down between 1.5-2 L just little more to the price of bike.
It’s a great car. I need to go for work in AC regularly, I want to carry or transport my goods or distribute it in nearby store, I always travel alone, or with my family wife and daughter takes enough space,
And don’t want to spend more money regularly on petrol. I have Solar system at my home so, I billed zero. So I charge it for free. And only earn money no expenses. No pollution/dust, No raincoat, No tension to getting wet my goods. And competitive price than other ev cars.
Sad to hear none is understand the effectiveness of this car, is there all travel in only mumbai local?