River Indie vs Ola S1 Pro vs Ather 450X
River Indie, Ola S1 pro, and Ather 450X are one of the most prestigious electric scooters in India at the moment. While Ola Electric and Ather Energy have established their foothold in the Indian market, now River is also getting ready to compete with these companies with the delivery of Indie in August.
When we talk about the competence of the companies of these electric scooters, everyone has got enough fame in the market and has successfully cornered the market in a good proportion. These companies are considered a few of India’s most esteemed manufacturers of electric vehicles.
Speaking about Ola Electric is one of the biggest brands in the Indian market and has established itself as a global brand that operates across three continents. it dominated the electric two-wheeler sales in India for several months compared to other brands. Consequently, Ola is the considered best brand for two-wheeler electric vehicles in India.
Whereas, the use of cutting-edge technologies in Ather’s electric Scooter sets it apart from other brands. To enhance the user’s riding experience, they continuously develop and update their software and technology in their electric vehicles. Their work in the IOT segment is highly remarkable.
In addition, the way that River Company Electric Scooter look makes them stand out from other companies in the industry. They have a team of highly talented designers working on innovative electric designs, making their electric vehicles among the most aesthetically pleasing on the market.
After analyzing each company, we can conclude that they are among the best competitors and may represent the future of the Indian market. Everyone has excelled in their own manner and displayed ingenuity in distinct electric vehicle domains.
With the help of our team of EV enthusiasts, we will analyze the three different electric scooters from these companies and let you know how they differ from one another and which one would be a good purchase for you.
Looks and Designs
- The body design and the material used in Ola S1 Pro give it a very premium and streamlined look. Furthermore, the lightning and other components of this electric scooter are systematized in such a way that it doesn’t look ample and also makes it exclusive.
A further feature that makes this electric scooter attractive is its LED headlamp and backlights, which gives it a trendy appearance.
- River Indie is more akin to an eye-catching electric scooter. Besides that, thus electric scooter has a very bulky appearance. from the front, it resembles a gas-powered police motorcycle.
Additionally, the River Indie features a duotone color scheme, a frosted taillight, tubular built-in safeguards, and an alloy clip on the handlebars. In addition, this electric scooter boasts a 6-inch touchscreen digital dashboard and 14-inch alloy wheels.
- Ather 450X includes a seat that is specially made for persons of different heights. The appearance of this electric scooter is very trendy and premium which makes it suitable for all ages. Additionally, an Ather pack is attached below the scooter’s keyhole and allows you to carry a variety of Ather accessories.
|Ola S1 pro||Neo mint, Colar glam, Marshmallow, Anthracite grey, Liquid Silver, Midnight blue, Jet black, Matt black, Khaki, Millennial pink, Gerua, Porcelain white|
|River Indie||Monsoon Blue, Summer Red, Spring Yellow|
|Ather 450x||Lunar grey, Salt green, True red, Cosmic black|
- Price of Ola S1 pro – 1,24,999 ex-showroom
- Price of Ather 450X –98,079 ex-showroom
1,28,443 ex-showroom (with pro pack)
- Price of River Indie– 1,25,000 ex-showroom
In the case of Ather 450x, the pro pack includes some technologies and software which includes dashboard UI, Ather app, Ather connect pro features, Ather stack 5, and a lot more. If you opt for without a pro pack you will have to compromise on some digital features.
Additionally, because of different tax structures in each state, the on-road costs of all these electric scooters vary from one state to the next. In addition, the on-road charges include the cost of insurance and other relevant costs.
Ola S1 pro, River Indie, and Ather 450X have some similar and different specifications in them. Let’s take a closer look:
- Ola S1 pro – Mid drive IPM
- River Indie – Mid-drive PMSM
- Ather 450X – PMSM
- Ola S1 pro – 6 hours and 30 minutes to charge fully
- River Indie – 5 hours for 0-80%
- Ather 450X – 5 hours and 45 minutes to charge fully
- Ola S1 pro comes with several exceptional safety features like anti-theft alerts, tampering alerts and AI enable battery management system which ensures the long life of the battery.
Features like Proximity unlock, Vacation mode, Hill hold, Phone-free navigation, cruise control, and Multiple profile keys also make your riding experience more convenient.
- With Multiple profile keys, you can easily share the digital keys of your scooter with customizable profiles for your friends, family, and guests.
- Proximity unlock allows your smartphone to act as a key and the electric scooter is unlocked whenever you come close to it.
- Cruise control gives your wrists a break from holding on to the throttle, and maintain your set speed just by pressing a button.
You can access all these features by downloading Ola Electric app on your phone and connecting it to the digital dashboard. Moreover, this electric scooter has IP55 and IP67 certified to perform in all extreme conditions and weather.
- River Indie doesn’t have that many digital features as compared to the other two but the ones it does have to appear enough for a modern-day electric scooter. This electric scooter is IP67-rated dust and water-resistant, has a center stand, Fast charging, and Reverse parking assistance.
- Reverse assistance uses radar sensors mounted on the rear side of the scooter to detect objects and helps to avoid a collision.
- Ather 450X They have included some impressive features in their digital touchscreen dashboard, including a snapdragon 212 processor that powers the dashboard and 1 GB and 8 GB of internal storage, respectively.
Moreover, its digital dashboard boasts an Android open-source operating system and a 17.78 cm TFT screen with Led backlit in it.
There are a bunch of similarities in specifications available in Ola S1 pro, River Indie, and Ather 450X as described in the table below.
|Specifications||Ola S1 pro||River Indie||Ather 450X|
|Hydraulic disc brake|
|Hydraulic disc brake|
|Belt drive transmission||–||Yes||Yes|
|Specifications||Ola S1 pro||River Indie||Ather 450X|
|Peak power||8.5 kW||6.7 kW||6 kW|
|Battery||4 kW||4 kW||2.9 kW|
|Certified Range||181 km/charge||–||116 km/charge|
|True Range||170 km/charge||120 km/charge||85 km/charge|
|Top speed||116 km/h||90 km/h||90 km/h|
|Riding modes||Eco, Ride, & Rush||Eco, Normal, Sports & Hyper||Warp, Sport, Ride, & Eco|
|Suspensions(rear)||Mono shock||Coil spring||Mono shock|
|Warranty||3 years on battery||5 years or 50000 km||5 years on battery|
|Gradeability||15 degrees||18 degrees||20 degrees|
|Acceleration (0-40 km/h)||2.9s||3.9s||3.3s|
|Maximum torque||58 Nm||26 Nm||26 Nm|
|Brakes size (front)||220 mm||240 mm||200 mm|
|Brakes size (rear)||180 mm||200 mm||190 mm|
The information above leads us to the conclusion that River Indie’s specifications are most similar to those of the Ather 450X, although the Ola S1 Pro stands out in many ways. But fortunately, none of the electric scooters compromised on any element; instead, everyone did their absolute best to give their riders a fantastic experience.
In the end, it’s up to you to decide what features you want in an electric scooter; if you want one with great in all features, choose Ola S1 pro; if you want one with a good appearance, choose River Indie.
However, if you don’t want to compromise on either factor, Ather 450X is the ideal option for you because it performed sufficiently in the safety aspect of the electric scooter and offers longevity too.
Read More:- Ola S1 Air vs Ather 450X Base Model: Which one is Better?
Simply, Superbly informative about EVs.