© 2022 All right reserved | Electric Vehicle Info
Assam Electric Vehicle Policy 2021
To promote and accelerate the adoption of electric mobility to create an ecosystem for manufacturing EV components in Assam to ensure environmental sustainability, the Government of Assam has launched the Assam Electric Vehicle Policy 2021.
Incentives for Early Adoption of Electric Vehicles
- The Demand Incentive from the State Will is over and above any subsidies that are available from the Central Government through its promotional schemes and policies.
- The incentives for all types of electric vehicles Will be based on the electric vehicle battery capacity (i.e energy content measured in KWH) as indicated below:
Vehicle Segment Battery Size in KWH (approx.) State Subsidy Amount(Rs.) Total State Subsidy (Rs.) Maximum ex-factory price to avail incentive (Rs.)
Electric Two wheeler
2 KWH 10000/- per kWh 20000/- Rs. 1.50 lakhs
Electric Three wheeler
10000/- per kWh
Rs. 5.00 lakhs
Electric Four wheeler 15 KWH
10000/- per kWh
The incentive for EV Charging Infrastructure
The State Government Will promote charging infrastructure of different capacities/ technologies and promote a variety of business models viz. Privately-owned, DISCOM-owned, and Investor-owned charging and battery swapping stations.
- Commercial public EV charging stations for 2 wheelers, 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers will be eligible for 25 % capital subsidy on equipment/machinery subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 10 lakhs per station. This incentive will be provided to the first 500 commercial public EV charging stations.
- The subsidy for charging stations Will only be given to those developers, individuals, or entities that have not availed similar subsidies under any policy or scheme of the State Government unless it is specifically prescribed under this policy.
- All EV charging stations Will adhere to the charging guidelines and standards defined by the Ministry of Power, Government of India and Power(E) Department, Government of Assam.
- Petrol Pumps will be allowed to set up charging stations subject to qualifying fire & safety standard norms issued by the competent authorities.
- The State Government Will exempt 100% electricity duty of EV charging stations during the period of this policy.
Incentives for EV Manufacture and Their Component
- In addition to the 30% Capital Investment Subsidy available under NEIDS,2017 or any subsequent policy from Govt. of India/State Govt., units manufacturing EV or their components will be eligible for the following additional incentives:
- 20% of the cost of Plant & Machinery up to Rs. 15 lakh for Micro Units
- 20% of the cost of Plant & Machinery up to Rs. 50 lakh for Small Units
- 20% of the cost of Plant & Machinery up to Rs. 1 Cr. for Medium Units
- 10% of the cost of Plant & Machinery up to Rs. 10 Cr. for Large Units
In addition to the 3% Interest Subsidy on Working Capital Loan available under NEIDS,2017 or any subsequent policy from Govt. of India/State Govt., units manufacturing EV or their components will be eligible for additional Interest Subsidy @ 2% on Working Capital Loan Download Assam EV Policy 2021 (PDF)