As companies are coming up with different electric car models, at the same time the cost of purchasing a new electric car is still very high as compared to conventional petrol/ diesel cars. So, for those who are interested in buying a new electric car but unable to do so due to its high cost, companies are now providing electric car conversion kits to convert your existing car into an electric car.
Retrofitting models are in great demand as they provide ease to convert your existing vehicle into an e-vehicle at a lower cost. Companies provide different kinds of conversion kits for cars.
Depending on the requirement, you can buy a completely electric vehicle conversion kit or a customized electric vehicle conversion kit. Motor, battery, controller, charger, cable harness, etc. are some of the main parts of the conversion kits.
- Top Electric Car Conversion kits: Price and Companies Details
Bosch eAxle kit- Electric Car Conversion Kit
Bosch eAxle is an efficient, compact cost-attractive electric car conversion kit. It provides solutions for battery e-vehicles and hybrid applications. It comes in a compact unit that comprises of electric motor, transmission, and power electronics that fuels directly the vehicle’s axle. Its compact design helps in saving installation space and reduces complexity.
Bosch eAxle is an excellent solution for all who are looking for the main drive or need a second eAxle to boost the car’s performance.
- By using silicon carbide semiconductor technology, Bosch eAxle kit has increased its efficiency by 96% for more range and at the same time has reduced its battery.
- Due to the assembling of all components into a compact system, you get to save on components and expensive connecting cables. This makes it an excellent cost-effective car conversion kit.
- It is one of the best solutions present in the market with high scalability (50-300KW), different voltage levels (400/800V), and high flexibility. Due to its flexibility, it can be used for all vehicle types and can cater to individual customer demands.
- Increase performance by using eAxle at 800V with the help of silicon carbide semiconductors. This also helps in reducing the size of the electric motor.
- Scalable output – 50-300 kW
- Scalable torque – 1000-5000 NM driveshaft
- Top speed of the electric motor (400V, 800V) – 16000/min, 18500/min
- Weight at a power output of 150kW – approx. – 90kg
|Scalable output||50-300 kW|
|Scalable torque||1000-5000 NM driveshaft|
Price of Bosch eAxle Kit in India
Presently, the company is looking to expand its business in India by partnering with OEMs. The cost of the eAxle kit is still not disclosed by the company.
Loop moto- Electric Car Conversion Kit
The company offers a compact electric powertrain that comprises Lithium-ion batteries, a battery management system (BMS), and other accessories that are needed to convert conventional vehicles into electric vehicles.
The company has received its ARAI certification to convert cars for several cars like Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Accent, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Verna, Honda Civic, and Honda City.
- The company offers customized solutions to convert any kind of vehicle.
The Lithium-ion battery comes with LiFePO4 technology along with a 7.8kwh smart battery management system. The battery provides a range of 180km on one charge
- The conversion kit comes with a gearless gearbox, 3.3kW AC charger, and 15kw 3-phase AC motor
- The company claims a top speed of 80km/hr.
- The company offers retrofitting services at Pan India locations.
|Motor||15kw 3-phase AC motor|
|Charger||AC onboard 3.3kW charger|
|Battery type||LiFePO4 with smart BMS|
Price of Loop Moto Kit in India –
The cost of the Loop Moto electric car conversion kit is Between Rs. 3 Lac to Rs. 5 Lakhs.
E-Trio- Electric Car Conversion Kit
To increase the electric adoption rate among existed vehicle owners, E-Trio was founded in the year 2016 by Sathya Yalamanchili. To accelerate electric mobility in India, E-Trio makes conversion kits for transforming traditional fuel vehicles into e-vehicles. The company also got approval from the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) for its effort in converting the existing ICE (diesel/petrol) vehicles into electric vehicles.
E-trio has been converting cars like Maruti Alto, WagonR, and Dzire. and it offers two types of conversion kits EV-150 and EV-180. The company claims that Maruti Alto, WagonR, and Dzire can be converted into an E-car within 48 hours with the help EV-180 kit.
The company also purchases old cars from the market and converts them into e-cars by removing all the petrol or diesel-related components. it sells both conversion kits and retrofitted cars in the market.
Highlights of the Kit
- EV-150 and EV-180 are electric conversion kits that transform ICE vehicles into electric vehicles.
- It is the only retrofitting start-up company in India to get government approval for its conversion kits.
- The conversion kits comprise of Lithium-ion battery, motor, traction controller, onboard charger, aux parts like power steering, DC-DC converter, and gearbox designed by E-Trio. To adjust the extra weight, the company also modifies the suspension.
- Battery ranges up to 150km to 180 km depending upon the conversion kit chosen.
- The approximate cost of the kit is 4 lakhs. It may seem an expensive investment but considering long-term savings after switching to an electric car is unquestionable.
Specifications of the Kit
|Range||150km on EV-150 & 180km on EV-180|
Price of E Trio Kit in India –
The price of the E-trio electric car conversion kit is Starting at 4 Lakh in India.
Bharat Kit- Electric Car Conversion Kit
Founded in 2016, Bharat Kits is a Hyderabad-based company that retrofits hatchbacks and sedans. The company deals in conversion kits as well as in retrofitted cars. The company has also received ARAI and ICAT certifications for converting Maruti Alto, WagonR, and Swift Dzire.
Highlights of the Kit
- Bharat kits electric car conversion kits include a battery, controller, motor, gearbox, DC-DC, on-board charger, instrument cluster, AC complete kit, vacuum pump, charging gun, and kit gear selector.
- The company offers a customized LiFePO4 battery that provides a range of 80 km with one-time charging. The charging time of the battery is approximately four to five hours. It can attain a top speed of 80kmph with it.
- The kit comes with a well-structured battery management system along with a battery controller. The conversion kit has a motor of 15KW power.
- The battery capacity changes as per the models of the cars. For hatchback the battery capacity is 12kwh and for sedan it is 15kwh. As per individual needs, the company also provides customized conversion kits.
- The retrofitting of the car takes place at the company’s facility unit in Hyderabad. The whole conversion process takes a week to complete.
- The approximate cost of retrofitting is 5 lacks. This cost includes converting into an e-car, a telematics system to monitor cell temperature, battery temperature, and vehicle health from a computer or laptop.
Specifications of the Kit
|Top Speed||80 kmph|
|Charging time||4-5 hours|
Price of Bharat Kits in India
The price of a Bharat Electric Car Conversion Kit in India is Approx. 5 Lakhs.
Rexnamo Electro-Electric Car Conversion Kit
Based in Ghaziabad, Rexnamo Electro offers retrofitted electric cars and conversion kits for the last ten years. The company converts cars for around Rs 2,40,000 and Rs 5,70,000. Depending on different factors the conversion price varies.
The company also restores and converts vintage cars like Lancers, Contessa, Volkswagens, Old BMWs, Porsches, and Honda city.
Highlights of the Kit
- The conversion kits offer a top speed of 88kmph along with a driving range of 80km in single charging. This conversion kit is compatible with cars like Swift and Indica and costs approx. Rs 8,56,680.
- Vintage cars like Lancers, Contessa, Volkswagens, Old BMWs, Porsches, and Honda city can be electrified by using the latest Lithium-ion batteries in around RS 32,79,677.
Price of Rexnamo Electro Kit in India
The cost of a Rexnamo conversion kit for a compact car like Indica or Swift is approximately Rs 8,56,680.
Vintage Cars like Porsches, Volkswagens, Old BMWs, Honda city, lancers, and Honda city Contessa can be fully electrified at Rs 32,79,677.
Northway Motorsport- EV Conversion Kit
This company is an electric vehicle division working under Hemank Auto Parts Pvt Ltd. The company is focused on designing, developing, and manufacturing units for electric vehicle powertrain. The company has its headquarters in Pune.
Northway Motorsport does not provide conversion kits for random car models.
Conversion kits are provided only to the car models that are listed on the company’s website. The company has also manufactured an electric vehicle that offers a range of 240km with a charging time of just an hour.
Highlights of the Kit
- The company provides conversion kits for Maruti Dzire and several hatchbacks.
- Drive EZ and Travel EZ are the two kits provided for Maruti Dzire. The range of Drive EZ is 120km which goes up to 250km in the case of Travel EZ. The charging time of Drive EZ is 5-6 hours which is 8-10 hours in the case of Travel EZ.
- The company also offers compact conversion kits compatible with hatchbacks like Polo, Swift, and Beat. These kits come with a 120 km range and 5-6 hours of charging time.
Price of Northway Motorsport Kit in India
The conversion kit launched by the company for Maruti Ignis is Rs. 12.50 Lakh for the Drive EZ and 14.50 Lakh for the Travel EZ variant.