© 2022 All right reserved | Electric Vehicle Info
Gujarat EV Policy 2021
Gujarat Electric Vehicle Policy 2021
Chief Minister Shri Vijay Rupani announced Gujarat Electric Vehicle Policy 2021 to withness 2 lakh electric vehicles on the roads of Gujarat in the next 4 years.
These incentives are for all types of electric vehicles and are based on electric vehicle battery capacity (ie energy content measured in kWh). The starting price for availing subsidy for each vehicle segment will be as per the FAME II Scheme of the Government of India dated 8 March 2019, F. No. 1(1)/2019-AEI and any amendments thereafter.
Segment Wise EV Policy Targets Until 2025
|Vehicle Segment||Target under Policy Period|
|4-Wheelers (Private and Commercial)||20,000|
Incentive Across all E-vehicle Segments Under the Policy Period
|Vehicle Segment||State Subsidy Amount (in Rs.)||Max ex-factory price to avail incentive (in Rs.)|
|2 wheeler||Rs. 10,000/- per kWh||Rs. 1.5 lakhs|
|3 wheeler||Rs. 10,000/- per kWh||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|4-Wheeler||Rs. 10,000/- per kWh||Rs.15 lakhs|
Policy Incentives for EV Charging Infrastructure in Gujrat
- Commercial public EV charging stations for 2 wheelers, 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers will be eligible for 25 % capital subsidy on equipment/machinery (limited up to Rs. 10 lakhs per station) for the first 250 commercial public EV charging stations.
- The State Government will exempt 100% electricity duty of EV charging stations during the period of this EV policy.
- The State Distribution Licensees (DisComs) will allow charging of EVs from the existing connection of a Consumer at the existing tariff, except agriculture connection
Policy Incentives for EV Manufacturing and their Components
All provisions of the Gujarat Industrial Policy-2020, policies in force, and Government Resolutions (GR), as amended from time to time, shall be applicable on Parties intending to establish or upgrade their facilities for manufacturing in the EV sector.
Gujarat Electric Vehicle Policy 2021: Highlights
- Petrol pumps will be approved establishing charging stations
- Charging facilities to come up at housing and commercial infrastructures
- E-vehicle registered at Gujarat RTO will be exempted from the registration fee, within four years, fuel worth 5 crore rupees will be saved
- Minimum 6 lakh ton CO2 emission will be reduced
- Subsidy up to Rs. 20 thousand for 2 wheelers, 50 thousand for 3 wheelers and up to 1.5 lakh for 4 wheelers will be directly credited to bank accounts through DBT