CUPRA Tavascan Electric SUV
Cupra, a Spanish manufacturer of sports automobiles, will introduce the Tavascan, a tiny crossover SUV that runs entirely on electricity. It will be the manufacturer’s first fully electric SUV, and EV critics believe that it will directly compete with the Tesla Model Y in the market.
Volkswagen Anhui and JAC Motors are collaborating to build the Cupra Tavascan, which will be distributed through Cupra Racing. It is built on the MEB platform, which was designed for the Volkswagen Group’s electric vehicles, and as a result, it has some similarities to the Volkswagen ID.5 as well.
In this article, we are going to review the Cupra Tavascan Compact crossover SUV and let you know if it will be market competent or not.
About the manufacturers
SEAT, a Spanish automaker, has a subsidiary brand called Cupra Racing that was formed specifically to produce SEAT vehicles for racing or other sporting purposes. It had already won multiple championships under a different name, SEAT sport. Cupra Racing officially replaced SEAT Sport as SEAT launched the Cupra brand as its own high-performance division in 2018.
With a new design, logo, and set of brand values focused on passion for racing and motorsports, fashion, lifestyle, and culture, it became an independent entity to SEAT.
Design and looks
- Exterior – Talking about its body design from the front, The Cupra Tavascan has a sharp hammerhead and angular styled frontend with a very large grill and a distinctive triangle-shaped matrix LED lighting which gives it a very menacing appearance and makes it more spectacular.
Moreover, its exterior is totally coated in a matte color with a black contrast in the lower half, giving the Cupra Tavascan a highly sporty and upscale compact electric SUV. It also has a slanted, sloping roofline.
Speaking of its branding further, the logo of Cupra Racing is a 3-d illuminated look that compliments the electric SUV’s menacing appearance and also symbolizes the manufacturer’s high-quality work.
- Interior – Sennheiser speakers, flex lighting, and gold trim on the Cupra Tavascan compact electric SUV keep the atmosphere cheerful and pleasant at all times. Additionally, a 5.3-inch digital driver display is offered to make it easier for the driver to access certain features of the electric SUV.
This electric SUV also has a floating spine in the middle of the vehicle that houses a 15-inch touchscreen with its own user interface that can handle other essential features of the vehicle like GPS, music, and much more.
The seats of the Cupra Tavascan compact electric SUV are composed of a microfiber leatherette mixture that is completely free of animal cruelty and has a lot of fine detailing. Additionally, the steering wheel buttons on this compact electric SUV are gleaming and have a quality appearance.
Speaking of its dimensions, The Cupra Tavascan tiny electric SUV measures 4,644mm in length, 1,861mm in width, and 1,597mm in height, respectively. Additionally, it has a boot with a capacity of 540 liters.
Tavascan Endurance and Tavascan VZ are the names of the two different variants of the Cupra Tavascan. Wheel drive, max power, and torque differences between the two variants will significantly impact range and acceleration.
Reportedly both variants of the Cupra Tavascan compact crossover fully electric SUV will go on sale in the spring of 2024. The prototypes of both variants have been already presented to several EV critics around the world and it received a good response from them.
The Cupra Tavascan compact crossover electric SUV is still a way off from being on sale, but initial reports indicate that it will cost approx. 55,000 pounds.
|Cupra Tavascan Endurance||Cupra Tavascan VZ|
|Range||547 km||517 km|
|Top speed||180 km/h||180 km/h|
|Torque||545 Nm||134 – 545 Nm|
|Drive||Rear wheel drive||Dual 4-engine wheel drive|
|Wheel||21 inches||21 inches|
|Battery||77 kWh||77 kWh|
|Max power||210 kW or 286 hp||250 kW or 340 hp|
|Acceleration (0-50 km/h)||3 seconds||2.4 seconds|
|Acceleration (80-120 km/h)||4 seconds||3.5 seconds|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||6.8 seconds||5.6 seconds|
The acceleration is one of the key differences between the two variants of the Cupra Tavascan compact electric SUV, so the manufacturers have included acceleration information for each speed stride in order to emphasize the key distinction and that’s what defines the name of both variants of this compact electric SUV as well.
Furthermore, both variants of the Cupra Tavascan tiny electric SUV’s 77 kWh lithium-ion battery pack offer an exceptional range, making this electric SUV ideal for lengthy trips.
Along with its excellent performance and compact body design, the Cupra Tavascan compact electric SUV also has some great driving assistance features supported by cutting-edge technologies such as Cupra connect Gen4, travel assist 2.6, trained park assist, remote park assist, and an optional DCC feature.
- The unique Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) technology lets you select your driving preference via a button on the center console. There are three options available: Normal, Sport, and Comfort. It enables you to drive however you want, whether you desire a sporty or relaxing experience.
- Travel Assist combines Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Assist Plus available in this compact electric SUV which helps to keep you in lane at a secure distance from other drivers, and when incorporated with Assisted Lane Changing, monitors your surroundings and averts you from changing lanes until it’s safe to do so.
- Specifically created for usage in constrained parking spaces, Trained Park Assist is a system that detects the trajectory followed in regularly used places, while Remote Park Assist allows movements to be done on your mobile device.
No matter how experienced or inexperienced a driver is, all these elements will improve the standard driving experience and make the electric SUV more futuristic.
Cupra Tavascan tiny electric SUV sales have a long way to go, so if you have your eyes set on this electric SUV in particular, be prepared to wait. Nevertheless, we advise you to look into other available electric compact SUVs in the market since they all deliver nearly identical performance to the Cupra Tavascan.