Tata Nexon EV 

Catches Fire in Pune; company released statement

A recent viral video of a Tata Nexon EV on fire has stirred up concern among electric vehicle enthusiasts. The incident occurred in Pune and showed the car engulfed in flames, while authorities worked to extinguish the fire.

Tata Nexon EV was due to an improper replacement of the left headlamp at an unauthorized service center. The ill-fated replacement led to a short circuit that sparked the fire.

Tata Motors Official Statement

To ensure customer safety, Tata Motors urges them to use authorized workshops for fitting on-spec components, accessories, and spare parts, given the evolving market with new technologies.

Tata Motors Official Statement

This isn’t the first time an electric vehicle has caught fire in India. In June of 2022, a Tata Nexon EV parked outside a restaurant in Mumbai also caught fire, sparking concerns about the safety of electric vehicles.

Previous incidents of Tata Motors’ fire

Unauthorized repairs can void a vehicle's warranty and cause further damage. For any issues with electric vehicles, it's recommended to seek help from authorized service centers.

How to avoid fire incidents?