© 2022 All right reserved | Electric Vehicle Info
Uttar Pradesh Electric Vehicle Policy 2019
The Uttar Pradesh government has announced the State EV Policy 2019 to attract investments of over Rs 40,000 crore over the next 5 years in the electric mobility ecosystem with employment potential for 50,000 people.
Uttar Pradesh Electric Vehicle Policy Targets
- To attract investments of over INR 40,000 crore in the next 5 years across the
- electric mobility ecosystem with an employment potential for 50,000 people
- To launch 1000 electric buses (BEVs/FCEVs), and achieve 70% EV public
- transportation on identified green routes in identified 10 EV cities by 2030.
- To phase out all conventional commercial fleets and logistics vehicles and
achieve 50% EV mobility in Goods Transportation in identified 10 EV cities by
2024 and all cities by 2030.
- To roll out nearly 10 lakh EVs, combined across all segment of vehicles, by
- To set up nearly 2 lakh slow and fast charging, swapping stations by 2024
Incentives to Manufacturing Units (EVMUs and EBUs)
Land Subsidy – Mega Anchor Project and Ultra mega battery plant as defined in this policy will be reimbursed upto 25% of the cost of land at prevalent circle rate or purchase price, whichever is less. This incentive will be provided only on land purchased in the notified areas in Uttar Pradesh. Such notification will be issued by Government of Uttar Pradesh from time to time.
Technology Transfer for alternate Clean Fuel Mobility
EBUs manufacturing alternate clean sources of fuel for electric mobility, including hydrogen based fuel cells or methanol/biofuel based fuel cells or solar based cells, etc. will be supported in technology transfer –
- Anchor EBUs will be reimbursed 100% cost of technology transfer towards first 5 vendor units and 75% towards next 5 vendor units,
subject to maximum INR 50 lakh towards each vendor unit in the same cluster.
- Ultra mega Battery plant will be reimbursed 50% cost of technology transfer, subject to maximum ceiling of INR 10 lakh per annum and
overall ceiling of INR 50 lakh. Only 5 such projects will be considered over the period of this policy.
Policy Incentives to Service Units
The Service units as defined under this policy will be provided following incentives –
- Capital Subsidy @25% on fixed capital investment (excluding land cost) to first 100 charging stations subject to maximum Rs 6 lakh per charging station.
- To set up Hydrogen enabled refueling Infrastructure – 50% Capital interest subsidy on fixed capital investment (excluding land cost) will be provided for setting up hydrogen generation and fueling plants in the form of reimbursement to first 10 units in UP, subj
Environment Protection Incentives in Uttar Pradesh EV Policy
The Large, Anchor EVMUs/EBUs and Service units will be provided following incentives for adopting sustainable and green production measures –
- Setting up Waste Treatment plant – The Large & Anchor EVMUs/EBUs will be provided subsidy of 50% on annual interest on loan taken in form of reimbursement to set up Waste Treatment Plant for 5years upto maximum INR 1 crore per unit
- For Battery Recycling – Large, Anchor EBUs and Service units will be provided Capital Interest Subsidy @50% per annum for 5years in the form of reimbursement on loan taken for procuring equipment/machinery for battery recycling subject to maximum ceiling of INR 1 crore per annum.
Private EV Parks
The Government of Uttar Pradesh will provide incentives to the developers of private EV parks & clusters with plug and play facilities. The park must be developed over more than 150 acres of land and must include –
- Manufacturing area (components, sub-components, sub-assemblies, etc.)
- R&D and Testing Centres
- Battery manufacturing/ handling areas
- Common facilities
- Recycling ecosystem, waste treatment facilities, etc
EV Mobility Incentives
In order to induce demand and create market for Electric Vehicles in the state, Government of Uttar Pradesh will extend following incentives –
- First 1,00,000 buyers of Private EVs manufactured within the State of Uttar Pradesh over the period of this policy will be provided following exemptions –
- 100% exemption from Vehicle registration fees
- 100% exemption on road tax for 2-wheeler EVs and 75% road tax exemption for other EVs
- Department of Industries, Government of Uttar Pradesh will integrate the mobility incentives provided by Government of India to promote Electric Vehicle and Mobility.