- Triton EVs (4 more companies) invests Rs 10,800 cr to develop Asia’s largest EV manufacturing center in Gujarat.
- An investment of Rs 10,800 crore is expected over a period of the next five years to set up Asia’s largest EV manufacturing hub in Gujarat with a strong ‘Make in India’ vision.
In a historic development to take the Indian EV journey to a global leadership position, Triton EV has entered into an agreement with the State Government of Gujarat for setting up the world’s reputed EV Truck Manufacturing Plant with a minimum investment commitment of Rs.10 thousand eight hundred crores. The memorandum has been signed. duration of 5 years.
The Triton EV truck manufacturing facility in Gujarat will have end-to-end and integrated EV truck manufacturing and will be a state-of-the-art example of a ‘Make in India’ product.
Triton EV factory in Gujarat
The factory will be spread over 2000 acres of land and will manufacture more than 98% of the entire Triton EV semi-truck from the faculty itself. This Triton EV factory will set an example for a complete Make in India EV product by curbing import dependency.
The investment in Triton EV Manufacturing Hub or Mega EV Campus in Gujarat will be through five major organizations:
- Triton Electric Vehicle LLC (TEVL) (The New Jersey, USA headquartered parent organization of Triton EV India)
- Triton Electric Vehicle India Pvt Ltd. – fully owned subsidiary of TEVL
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) – This will be responsible for the manufacturing of batteries for EVs.
- Triton EV Technologies India Pvt Ltd – Through this, circuit board manufacturing will be taken care of.
- Kaynes Technology India Ltd.– will manufacture semiconductors for the EVs
- Triton Testing & Homologation India Pvt. Ltd – This entity will take care of testing and homologation services for the EVs
- Horizon Microtech Pvt. Ltd. – for the wire harness solutions offered for the EVs.