- This electric double-decker bus delivers exceptional drive performance. Embedded with proprietary solutions including ‘Switch iON’ to enable remote, real-time diagnostics and monitoring as well as world-class digital battery management tools.
- Powered by a 231 kWh capacity, 2-string, liquid-cooled, higher density NMC chemistry battery pack with a dual gun charging system. This enables the Switch EiV 22 to have a range of up to 250km for intra-city applications.
- Switch EiV 22 has a lightweight rollover-compliant bus body and is easy to maneuver. Turn tight corners and navigate congested traffic conditions with ease.
Switch Mobility Ltd (‘Switch’), the next-generation, carbon-neutral electric bus, and light commercial vehicle company, today unveiled India’s first and unique electric double-decker air-conditioned bus – Switch EiV 22.
Designed, developed, and manufactured in India and utilizing Switch’s global electric bus experience, Switch EiV 22 is equipped with the latest technology, ultra-modern design, highest safety, and best-in-class comfort features. The renewed iconic double-decker bus is designed to revolutionize public transportation in the country and will set new standards in the intra-city bus market.
The Switch EiV 22 is a significant achievement in terms of packaging, making it the world’s first – semi-low floor, air-conditioned, an electric double-decker with a wider door on the rear overhang and a rear staircase. The double-decker has a lightweight aluminum body construction, which offers a higher passenger-to-weight ratio and a competitive cost per km, per passenger.
Shri. Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways of India, said, “There is a need to transform the country’s transport system from a long-term perspective. With a focus on reforming urban transport, we are trying to build a low footprint and high passenger density integrated EV mobility ecosystem. The government’s vision and policies are supportive of EV adoption with growing consumer demand for greener solutions. I would like to congratulate Switch Mobility, a subsidiary of Ashok Leyland, for being the one to revive the double-decker and remain committed to introducing new technologies for the benefit of passengers and society, at large.”
SWITCH EiV 22 Technical Specifications
- Product EiV 22 – Double Decker
- Application City / Mofussil / Tourist
- Motor Permanent Magnet Synchronous AC Motor; 235 KW Peak, 140 KW
Continuous, 3100 Nm Peak
- Battery Technology Advanced Lithium-Ion NMC chemistry with Modular battery options
- Suspension Front: Weveller Suspension; Rear: Air Suspension
- Brakes Disc Brakes at Front & Drum at Rear
- Door Locations FOH / ROH
- Range Up to 250KMs in a day with opportunity charging;
- Charging Time 1.5 – 3 Hours
- Floor Height 900 mm
- Height 4750 mm
- Length 9800 mm
- Width 2600 mm
- Wheel Base 4860 mm
- Seating Capacity 65+D