On National Energy Conservation Day President Droupadi Murmu unveiled EV Yatra Portal and Mobile application to make India’s EV plans more actionable & promote E-mobility in the country. The launch took place in Delhi in presence of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
About EV Yatra Portal and Mobile application
A mobile app was developed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) to facilitate in-vehicle navigation to public EV chargers, adding to this, a website is available to provide information on various national and state-level initiatives to promote e-mobility.
In addition, BEE has developed a web portal that allows charging point operators (CPOs) to register their charging details securely.
Along with this event, we could also notice various award ceremonies that took place during the event. Some updates from the event are-
Awards to state-level corporations
- Karanataka renewable energy development Ltd. received the first prize from the National Energy conservation awards.
- In the second group, the Andhra Pradesh state energy conservation mission received the award.
- In group three, the O/o chief electrical inspector-cum-adviser for the Government of Assam backed the position.
Awards to Appliances
- Daikin Air Conditioning backed the first position.
- Atomberg backed another position for their Renesa 1200 model number.
- For the refrigerator category, Haier India backed the position for their HRD-1955 model.
The list of awards of unending but we can see major companies joining hands to make India sustainable.
Addressing the nation, the nominal head President Murmur said “It is a top priority for all of us to ensure that future generations breathe in a pollution-free environment, progress well, and live healthy lives. Breathing in clean air is a basic human right. By protecting the environment, we can protect many human rights.”
Going forward she said, “Although India’s per capita carbon emission and greenhouse emission are less than one-third of the world’s average, India as a responsible country is contributing significantly in environment protection.”
All these changes can be witnessed as went on to take the presidency of the G20 summit. Adding to the G20 summit, the President said, “India during the presidency has adopted One earth, One family, One Future, according to the ideal of ‘Vasudhiva Kutambakam’ and we all are disseminating it on the world stage.”
The event was path-lighting for many Electric vehicle companies as they ventured to explore more about electric vehicles and making India a leader in sustainability.