Table of Contents
Lyten- Li-Sulfur Battery
Lyten, an advanced materials company, is disrupting the electric vehicle battery industry with the introduction of its LytCell EV™ li-sulfur (Li-S) battery platform.
This latest Silicon Valley battery innovation is specifically optimized for the electric vehicle (EV) market and designed to deliver three times (3X) gravitational energy density of conventional lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries.
Lyten, exiting stealth mode today, has spent many years in the U.S. and the U.S. to test and improve LightSail™ capabilities in select defense-related applications. Has worked closely with the government and is now ready to introduce its battery technology platform in the electric vehicle market.
Critical to the success of Lyten’s battery was the development of Lyten 3D Graphene®, a new three-dimensional graphene materials platform that took years to refine.
This unique material can be engineered and tuned at the molecular level for specific battery application requirements. The Lyten 3D Graphene® platform enables Lyten’s advanced lithium-sulfur battery chemistry to realize exceptional levels of energy density, superior temperature performance, fast charging, and much-improved protection.
Safer EV Battery
Lyten’s batteries will be safer in vehicles than conventional Li-ion batteries because Li-S does not contain oxygen from metallic oxides, which is what drives thermal runaway events that have plagued many electric vehicles.
Additional Benefits of Lithium-Sulfur Battery Platform
The Lyten battery platform will offer other advantages to automakers and their end-users:
- Below internal combustion engine (ICE) cost parity
- Safe and effective operation in environments as cold as -30 degrees Celsius to as high as 60 degrees Celsius enabling reduced system-level costs.
- Flexible and scalable pack sizing, enabling Lyten to accommodate the unique needs of a wide range of automotive platforms
- Can be produced in cylindrical, pouch, and prismatic formats
- On-shore cell manufacturing facilities proximate to OEMs
- Extended range and/or increased payloads
- Faster charge times of less than 20 minutes
- Better for the environment with the lowest carbon footprint of any EV battery
No conflict minerals