- Hyundai launched its first electric sedan with 379 miles of range. The Hyundai IONIQ 6 comes with a slew of luxury features. This electric sedan came as one of the biggest rivals in the market for Tesla Motors.
If we talk about vehicle manufacturing companies in the Indian market, then Hyundai is a well-known name among them.
Table of Contents
Hyundai IONIQ 6
Hyundai has now started taking its roots in the electric vehicles segment. The company had so far launched two electric cars in the market which are known as Hyundai Kona EV and Hyundai IONIQ 5. Now the company has launched its first electric sedan in the Indian market.
The company teased the concept sketch of its most awaited EV IONIQ 6 on 21st June 2022. The sketch featured the EV’s unique and streamlined silhouette, and the company has now launched it in the market.
On Thursday, July 15, the company launched its most awaited electric sedan IONIQ 6. This EV has excellent features, now let’s talk about its features.
- Interactive pixel lights
- 12 Inch infotainment unit
- Many USB type C and type A port
- Digital side mirror (DSM) & DSM integrated dashboard
- Integrated Display
- Android Auto & apple Car-Play support
- 64 color ambiance lighting
- Luxury seats in front
Safety Features –
- Hyundai Smart sense technology
- ADAS system
- Connected Car features
Expected prices in India?
Hyundai Ioniq 6 price is expected to start at Rs.37 Lakhs and go up to Rs.47 Lakhs in India.
The single-motor car with 53kWh battery for around 37 lakhs (ex-showroom) and The top-spec cars with 77kWh battery and dual motors will probably set you back closer to 47 lakhs (ex-showroom).
Dual battery and motor power are available in it. Due to this, they provide a great range.
- Battery pack – dual battery pack
- 53 kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- 77.4 kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- Motor Power – 320 hp
- Torque – 605 (dual electric motor)
- Acceleration – It has the great power of acceleration. This electric sedan takes only 7 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph with a single motor. It takes only 5.1 sec in the same dual motor. In itself, it catches the speed of 0 to 100 km/ph.
- Range – This electric sedan is going to beat all the EVs available in India in terms of range. This electric sedan gives you a range of up to 610 km/charge on a full charge once.
This sedan is based on an electric global modular platform (E-GMP). The same platform has also been used in IONIQ 5. Apart from this, the same platform has been used in Kia EV 6. LED lighting is available all around it and this sedan has been kept low to increase the air dynamic.
Hyundai’s upcoming plans
Hyundai and Kia are building a future portfolio together in which they will try to strengthen their hold in countries where the demand for electric vehicles is increasing rapidly.
At the global level, China and India remain the two largest markets. That is why the company is targeting these countries. The company is planning to launch 6 electric cars in India by 2028 and this is one of them. Apart from this, the company plans to launch electric and ICE powertrain models in the EV market this year.