© 2022 All right reserved | Electric Vehicle Info
Goa Electric Mobility Promotion Policy-2021
To set the state of Goa as a model of international standards for electric vehicle adoption in the passenger and commercial sectors, the Government of Goa has drafted the Goa Electric Mobility Promotion Policy-2021:
The objective of the Goa Electric Mobility Promotion Policy
- 30% of annual vehicles registered in Goa, starting from the year 2025, would be electric
- To convert 50% of all ferries to electric by 2025.
- To create 10,000 direct and indirect jobs in the sector by 2025.
- To encourage start-ups and investment in the field of electric mobility and associated sectors.
- To promote service units which would include electric vehicles and battery repair and maintenance stations?
- To promote R&D, innovation, and skill development within the EV sector.
- Financial Incentives – Purchase incentives, Scraping incentives, Interest subvention on loans.
- To provide a waiver on road tax and registration fees.
- To establish a wide network of charging stations and swappable battery
- stations, and develop a publicly owned database of the same.
Incentives for EV Manufacturers
- Capital subsidy of up to 20% of Fixed Capital Investment (FCI).
- 100% net SGST reimbursement for 5 years.
- 100% stamp duty exemption
Incentives for Electric Two-Wheeler Under Goa EV Policy Draft
To avail of the demand incentives, the electric two-wheelers shall have to fulfill the following performance and efficiency eligibility criteria
|Min. top speed||40 km/hr|
|Min. acceleration||0.65 m/s2|
|Max. electric energy consumption Not exceeding||7 kWh/100km|
|Warranty||At least 3 years comprehensive warranty including that of battery from the manufacturer|
- A purchase incentive of INR 10,000/- per kWh of battery capacity shall be provided per vehicle to the registered owner and subject to a maximum incentive of INR 30,000/- per vehicle. Registered owner of two-wheeler (i.e., two-wheeler eligible for the Purchase Incentive) shall also be eligible for a Scrapping Incentive for scrapping and de-registering old ICE two-wheeler registered in Go
- Up to INR 5,000/- of the incentive shall be reimbursed by the Department of New and Renewable Energy Govt. of Goa to the registered owner of two-wheeler, subject to evidence of matching contribution from the dealer or OEM, and Confirmation of scrapping and de-registration of the ICE vehicle by the RTO
Incentive For Elctric Auto Rickashaw ( E-Autos)
- Purchase Incentive of INR 10,000/- per kWh of battery capacity per vehicle (subject to a maximum incentive of INR 30,000/- per vehicle) shall be provided by Govt. of Goa to the registered owner of the e-auto.
- Registered owners of e-autos (i.e., vehicles eligible for the Purchase Incentive) shall also be eligible for a Scrapping Incentive for scrapping and de-registering old ICE auto rickshaws registered in Goa.
- Up to INR 10,000/- of the incentive shall be reimbursed by the Department of New and Renewable Energy Govt. of Goa to the registered owner of electric auto, subject to evidence of matching contribution from the dealer or OEM, and confirmation of scrapping and de-registration of the ICE vehicle as well as the surrender of the existing permit.
Incentives for Electric Rickshaw and E-carts
A Purchase Incentive of INR 30,000/- per vehicle shall be provided to the registered owner for the purchase of one E-rickshaw or one E-cart per individual. This incentive shall apply to all E-rickshaws and E-carts, including the models with Lithium-ion batteries and swappable models, where batteries not sold with the vehicle
Incentives for Electric Cars ( Four Wheeler) Under Goa EV Policy Draft
A Purchase Incentive of INR 10,000/- per kWh of battery capacity shall be provided per electric four-wheeler (subject to a maximum incentive of Rs.1,50,000/- per vehicle) to the registered owners of e-cars to be registered in Goa after the notification of this policy.
Support for EV Charging infrastructure
The State shall endeavor to have a charging station at every 25 kilometers on highways and every 3 kilometers within city limits. Battery swapping and fast charges are also included in the ambit of this policy and would be promoted.