At the 2021 Munich Auto Show, Mercedes-Benz previously displayed the Concept EQG in production form. Ola Källenius, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG, has now provided additional information on the electrified G-Wagen in an official interview with US automotive newspaper, Motortrend, at the brand’s latest Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV’s world debut in Paris.
What is new about the Mercedes EQG?
Build on an entirely new platform, the future Mercedes-Benz EQG will be manufactured soon as it is still a prototype. The EVA2 platform that now supports the Mercedes EQE and EQS sedans and SUVs won’t be used for this vehicle. When the electrified G-Wagen debuts on the market in 2024, it will feature whole new technologies and battery options. The Mercedes Benz EQG will be able to achieve its exceptional requirements with the assistance of this committed foundation, maintaining its distinctive position.
Expected Technical specifications of Mercedes EQG Electric G-Wagen
- Two battery alternatives will be offered for the Mercedes Benz EQG.
- The basic Li-Ion battery pack will reportedly be included with the car that will be unveiled in 2024. Another silicon-based anode battery with a higher density will come after this, though. The electrified G-range Wagen’s will also be extended thanks to this cutting-edge cell chemistry.
- In order to use high-silicone anode materials that will boost the density of the batteries, Mercedes has been collaborating with a US-based startup.
- The next Mercedes-Benz EQG will have a fun powertrain as well. According to Källenius, who had the chance to experience both on- and off-road driving of the future G-Wagen. He went on to say that the electrified G-Wagen will operate brilliantly both on and off-road since it was “so proficient, so easy to ride in.”
- Moreover, Mercedes has been attempting to create less expensive lithium iron-Ferro phosphate batteries. Their entry-level automobiles will use these batteries. In addition, they anticipate development in solid-state batteries in the second half of the decade. The innovation will be in the chemistry as well as scaling up to the size required for automobiles.
- The weight of the EQG is estimated to be around 6,000 pounds with a 310-mileage capacity.
- The EQG vehicle will be charged off within 30 minutes up to 10-80% capacity. It uses a 400-volt capacity architect for fast charging.
- EQG is expected to price at $2,00,000 which is priced more than AMG G 63
- EQS SUV will have a 580 output with 536 horsepower. EQG will have a futuristic quality as it is likely to launch in the year 2024 with the year 2025 characteristics.
All you need to know about the Mercedes EQG — the forthcoming electric G-Wagen — is that it can do this 👇 pic.twitter.com/A2Bs6OlIq5
— Edmunds (@edmunds) November 21, 2022