A lot has been said about electric four-wheelers, two-wheelers, and even three-wheelers, but in this article, we’ll focus on the brand-new, thrilling, light-duty electric truck that is currently the talk of the market. Before we get into the specifics let’s first take a quick look at the basic details of the company that is responsible for making things come into reality.
Robert “RJ” Scaringe launched the business in 2009 as Mainstream Motors and named it Averva Automotive later changed its name to Rivian in 2011. The business started concentrating on electric and driverless cars. The first vehicle produced by Rivian was envisioned as a sports car. For the American market, this car’s prototype R1 was referred to as a mid-engine hybrid coupe. But as Rivian looked to relaunch its business and make a bigger effect on the automotive industry in late 2011, it was put on hold.
Rivian Automotive, Inc. is a modern American carmaker and provider of automotive technologies. Rivian is developing an electric pickup truck and sport utility vehicle on a “skateboard” platform that can accommodate additional vehicles or can be adapted by other businesses.
Rivian R1T Technical Specification
- The R1T can tow up to 11,000 lbs and has a bed plus for carrying cargo. It also has a Gear Tunnel for handling some extra load.
- The R1T truck can also handle more than 3 feet of water and has a strong grip over the rocky surface. It ensures that you enjoy a smooth ride.
- R1T has the capacity to cover 400 miles(643.738 km) on a single charge.
- R1T has a horsepower of 750.
- R1T has three variants of range depending on the battery type. It offers 260 miles on a standard battery, 316-320 miles on a large battery, and 400 miles on a maximum battery.
- The top speed that can be reached is 115mph.
- Acceleration of 0-60 kmph is achieved as the R1T works for 4 seconds(dual motors), and 3 seconds(quad motors).
Rivian R1T Specifications
- You’ll get a display with a touchscreen and with eight different driving modes.
- The cargo volume is 62 cubic feet in total.
- The wheels have a dimension of 2″, 21″, and 22″.
- The car has a dimension of 77.3-in high, 200.8-in long, and 81.8-in wide. R1T has a tubeless wheelbase of 135.8 inches.
- The most important part is the warranty. The company offers three variants in terms of the warranty. These are 60,000 miles or five years for the basic vehicle; 175,000 miles or eight years for the drivetrain and battery; and unlimited miles and eight years for limited corrosion.
- R1T comes with a set of five-seater with four doors in the truck.
- The size of the Battery is 95 kWh and the vehicle can be charged for 10.5 hours at 220/240V.
- Other additional benefits are heaters, Air Conditioning, Central Locking, Power Windows, Anti-Lock Brakes, Rear cameras, Anti-theft devices, child locks, a vehicle stability control system, and lot many more.
- Like the R1S, R1T also comes with two variants that are the explore, and the adventure.
- R1T uses a Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 charger to recharge the R1T. In the USA and Canada, Rivian intends to build a network of 10,000 Rivian Waypoints chargers. When plugged in, these chargers pump 140 miles of range worth of juice into the R1battery T’s every 20 minutes.
After looking at all the specifications now let’s find out where you can buy Rivian.
In India, the Rivian vehicle costs you 55,89,000($69,000) as of November 21, 2022. On the Rivian website, you can place an R1T reservation. A $1,000 down payment is required from potential customers, with the remaining balance due when the vehicles are prepared for pickup. The deliveries are expected to start by late 2023. You may set up loans and trade-ins straight through their website. Most makes and models are accepted for trade-in by the company but they might conduct evaluations. No conventional test drive can be scheduled by potential purchasers.
They can, however, create an account on the Rivian website. Rivian chooses website users who have accounts from time to time and invites them to take part in a “demo drive.” Visitors are welcome to drop by a servicing location or even request to have an R1T or other Rivian car delivered to their home. The demo drive consists of a 30-minute drive, a tour, and a discussion with a Rivian representative.
Product Specification Rivian R1T
|Battery Capacity||135 kWh|
|Motor||electric motors, one on each wheel, that combine to produce 835 hp (623 kW)|
|Power||908 ft⋅lb (1,231 Nm) of torque.|
|Acceleration||0-60 kmph in 3 Seconds|
|Towing Capacity||11,000 lbs|
|Kerb Weight||7,148 lb|
|Trunk Loading Capacity||1,760 Pounds|
|Seating Capacity||5 Person|
|Warranty||A 5-year or 60,000-mile (whichever occurs first) comprehensive warranty. An 8-year or 175,000-mile (whichever occurs first) battery pack system and drivetrain system limited warranty|
|Price||₹55.89 Lakhs Expected|