© 2022 All right reserved | Electric Vehicle Info
Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy 2020
The Council of Ministers, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) has approved the Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy 2020 for the adoption of Electric Vehicles in Delhi.
The Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy 2020 recognizes that there is a need for a fresh approach to electric vehicle adoption in Delhi, notwithstanding the Govt. Push, the pace of adoption of electric vehicles failed to meet expectations. It, therefore, seeks to formulate a comprehensive set of measures to encourage the adoption of electric vehicles.
Demand Incentives for Electric Two-Wheeler
In order to maximize the mass adoption of electric vehicles and reduction in vehicular pollution, the policy focuses on encouraging the purchase and use of electric two-wheelers and supporting the electrification of public/shared transport and goods carriers.
The demand generation incentives for Electric two-wheelers offered under the policy will be based on battery capacity (i.e. energy content measured in kWh) used in vehicles.
The incentives listed below in the table will be available only for the electric two-wheeler with Advanced Batteries and are subject to a maximum incentive of Rs. 30,000 per vehicle
To avail of the demand incentives, the electric two-wheeler must have to fulfill the following performance and efficiency eligibility criteria (same as in FAME India Phase II):
|Min. top speed||40 km/hr|
|Min. acceleration||0.65 m/s2|
|Max. electric energy consumption Not exceeding||7kWh/100km|
|Warranty||At least 3 years comprehensive warranty including that of battery from the manufacturer|
- A purchase incentive of Rs. 5,000/- per kWh of battery capacity Will be provided per vehicle to the registered owner and subject to a maximum incentive of Rs. 30,000/- per vehicle
- Registered owners of electric two-wheelers will also be eligible for scrapping incentives for scrapping and de-registration of old ICE two-wheelers registered in Delhi.
- Up to Rs. 5,000/- of the incentive Will be reimbursed by the GNCTD to the registered owner of an electric vehicle.
Incentives for Electric Auto
- To support self-employment and wide ownership of e-autos, the following incentives Will be provided to all individuals with an e-auto permit:
- Purchase Incentive of Rs. 30,000/- per vehicle will be provided by GNCTD to the registered owner of the electric auto.
- Interest subvention of 5% on loans and/or hire purchase scheme for the purchase of an electric auto.
- Registered owners of e-autos (i.e., vehicles eligible for the Purchase Incentive) Will also be eligible for a Scrapping Incentive for scrapping and de-registering old ICE auto rickshaws registered in Delhi.Up to Rs. 7,500/- of the incentive Will be reimbursed by the GNCTD to the registered owner of electric auto, subject to:
- Evidence of matching contribution from the dealer or OEM, and
- Confirmation of scrapping and de-registration of the ICE vehicle as well as the surrender of the existing permit.
Incentives for Electric rickshaws and E-carts
- Purchase incentive of Rs. 30,000/- per vehicle will be provided to the registered owner for the purchase of one e-rickshaw or one e-cart per person. This incentive will be applicable to all e-rickshaws and e-carts, including models with lead-acid batteries and swappable models, where the battery is not sold with the vehicle.
- Further, for purchase of electric rickshaw and e-cart with an upgraded battery (i.e., ARAI certified model as e-rickshaw or e-cart and having upgraded battery), an interest of 5% on the loan Subvention and/or hire purchase schemes will be provided.
Demand Incentives for Electric Buses
- Individuals and fleet owners will be encouraged to adopt electric goods carriers (‘electric carriers) by providing:
- Purchase incentive of Rs. 30,000/- to the first 10,000 e-carriers to be registered in Delhi after the issue of this policy.
- Interest subvention of 5% on loan and/or hire purchase scheme for purchase of e-carriers.
- Buyers of e-carriers (i.e., vehicles eligible for purchase incentive) will also be eligible for scrapping incentives for scrapping and de-registering old ICE freight carriers registered in Delhi. Rupee. 7,500/- incentive amount Reimbursement for purchase of e-carriers by GNCTD, provided:
- Proof of matching contribution from the dealer or OEM, and
- Verification of scrapping and de-registration of an ICE vehicle
Demand Incentives for Four Wheeler (Electric Cars)
Purchase incentive of Rs. 10,000/- will be provided per kWh of battery capacity of an electric four-wheeler (Subject to an incentive of a maximum of Rs.1,50,000/- per vehicle) to the registered owners of the first 1000 e-cars to be registered in Delhi after the issue of this policy.
Incentives for EV Charging Infrastructure
All existing residential and non-residential building owners will be encouraged to install Private Charging Points (PCPs) in their premises. These charging points will provide shared access to electric vehicle charging especially for residents of group housing societies and multistore apartment complexes.
- GNCTD will provide a 100% grant for the Purchase of charging equipment up to Rs. 6000/- per charging point for the first 30,000 charging points. Grant will be available for chargers that are either single-phase or three-phase input but comply with all other BEVC-AC001 specifications