The new BMW IX electric vehicle will hit the US market by November 2021 and is expected to arrive in India by 2022. The price of BMW iX starts at Rs. 1.16 Cr. It comes with two variants one is xDrive 50 and the other is IX M60.
It is capable of accelerating from zero to 100 kmph in just 4.6 seconds. Here’s what we know about the BMW IX Price, Launch Date, Features and Highlights-
BMW IX Price in India
|Price in India||Launch date|
|Rs. 60 Lakh- 1 Crore||Rs. 1.16 Cr (ex-showroom)|
- 106.3 kWh Lithium-ion Battery pack
- 300 miles of driving range
- 600 HP Maximum power
- 124 miles top speed range
Battery Capacity & Charging
The BMW IX comes with a large 106.3 kWh lithium-ion battery pack and delivers a driving range of around 300 miles on a single charge.
The BMW IX supports 200 kW DC rapid charging technology that can charge the 106.3 kWh battery to 10-80% in less than 40 minutes.
BMW IX Power & Performance
BMW offers two variants of the IX, the xDrive50 and the high-performance M60 variant. Both the variants of the IX come with a 2x synchronous motor and single-speed fixed gear ratio.
BMW IX xDrive 50
The BMW IX xDrive 50 comes with an all-wheel-drive setup that is powered by a dual synchronous electric motor at the front and rear.
these motors get 516 HP of power and 630 Nm of torque. BMW says, this Power ix accelerates from 0-100 kmph in just 6.1 seconds and reaches a top speed of 200 kmph (124 miles).
BMW IX M60
The BMW ix M60 is a high-performance variant. It comes with an all-wheel-drive dual synchronous motor that produces 600 hp and 765 Nm of torque with which it accelerates from 0-100 kmph in 4.1 seconds. The company offers optional adjustable air suspension and rear-wheel-steering system on the M60 model.
- Infotainment and Connectivity
- voice-activated assistant
- The next-generation infotainment interface, which it calls iDrive 8 . says
- next-generation infotainment interface, which it calls iDrive 8
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- BMW offers a Wi-Fi hotspot with a 5G cellular connection
- an 18-speaker Harman/Kardon stereo system is standard, and BMW will also offer a 30-speaker Bowers & Wilkins setup as an option.
- 4 wheel steer system in M60
- Adjustable air suspension in M60
- It comes with a standard hexagonal steering wheel
- panoramic sunroof
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
- Advanced autonomous or semi-autonomous self-driving capability
- Standard automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Standard lane-departure warning with lane-keeping assist
- Available adaptive cruise control with semi-autonomous driving mode
BMW IX Dimensions
- Length 4953 mm
- Width 1967 mm
- Width with mirrors 2230 mm
- Height 1696 mm
- Wheelbase 3000 mm
- Weight Unladen (EU) 2585 kg
- Gross Vehicle Weight 3145 kg
- Max. Payload 635 kg
BMW has used an aluminum and carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic roof and intelligent material mix on the sides and rear to enhance the performance and rigidity of the IX electric car.
Due to which the weight of this car is less. also, it has an aerodynamic and drag coefficient thus increasing the efficiency and range of the IX.
Here are the Competitors of BMW ix EV