BMW i3 Price in India & Launch Date
Price in India: The price of the BMW i3 is expected to be 1.00 Crore in India.
Launch date in India: BMW i3 EV is Expected to be launched in India on Dec 10- jun-2021.
- Battery Capacity 42.2 kWh ( Lithium-ion )
- Top speed 150 KM/H
- Maximum power 168 HP@4800 rpm & 250 NM Torque.
- Acceleration 0-97 KM/H in just 7.2 seconds.
BMW i3 in India: Feature & Highlights
BMW i3 has a 42.2 kWh Lithium-ion Battery with an advanced active thermal management system. This battery range is 156 miles ( 246 KM ). This battery will be fully charged in 6 hours.
BMW i3 has come with a 7.4 kWh onboard Charger on IES combo AC optional. These also support a 50 kW combo DC Charger.
The BMW i3 has an E-drive Synchronous permanent magnet Motor with a rear-wheel-drive set-up in this Electric car. These motors can produce 168 HP @ 4800 pm and 250 NM Torque peak power. And then this car accelerates 0-97 KM/H in just 7.2 seconds and top speed up to 150 KM/H.
These are single-speed with fixed ratio transmission in this car. This single-speed transmission produces instant power and acceleration.
BMW i3 has made supermini luxury cars with cool features.
- Brake Recuperation system:- BMW i3 has battery regenerative energy systems to extend the battery range. It’s called a brake energy Recuperation system.
- Brakes:- These cars have the best braking system to enhance your driving experience.
- Brake drying, brake stand by features
- 4 wheels disc brake
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- dynamic brake control ( DBC )
- Cornering brake control (CBC)
- Dynamic traction control (DTC)
- Handling and Ride
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Including brake fade compensation
- Start-off assistant
- Power steering
- Multi-link rear suspension Electric.
- Instrumentation and control:- These car dashboards have a lot of features to Control early.
- 6.5-inch high-resolution screen and programmable memory button
- BMW navigation business system with i-drive controlled
- Multifunction steering wheel
- On-board computer with check control micro-filter status. Travel information travel range on the remaining range, external temperature, and more.
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Rear window defroster
- Dynamic cruise control
Comfort and Convenience
- Start and stop button
- Front-seat center armrest for front passenger & driver
- Cup Holders
- More space and storage compartment package
- Comfort access keyless entry
- Tilted & telescopic steering wheel
- One touch up/ down operation in the front window
- Automatic climate control including micro-filter and automatic air recirculation
- 3 stage heated front seats
Safety and Security
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Safety belt warning
- BMW Assist e call include emergency request (SOS button)
- Anti-lock Braking System, (ABS)
- Driver and passenger front Airbag
- Seat-mounted front side-impact Airbag
- Rearview camera
- Wheelbase 101.2 (inches)
- Length. 158.1 (inches)
- Width, without mirrors. 70.5 (inches)
- Height 62.6 (inches)
- Front Track Width 62.7 (inches)
- Rear Track Width 62.1 (inches)
- Wheels size 20 inch
The BMW i3 is the first Electric feature car in INDIA That comes with a 42.2 kWh battery pack. The Launch Price of the BMW I3 is Estimated at 1 Crore. The price of the BMW i3 EV is slightly higher comparing other EVs available in the market. EV priced below 1 crore has more performance and convenience. Example – TESLA MODEL 3 gives a 500 km range, for the price of 60 lakhs. Apart from this, MERCEDES BENZ EQC also gives a range of 470 km.
Will BMW i3 be able to take a stand in the Indian electric car market? If BMW launches the i3 in the price range between 50-60 lakhs, the other company may not get a chance to defeat it and it may cover a larger EV market. But as acknowledged in the reports “BMW will launch its new BMW i3 EV in the Indian market for 1 crore.