Audi Q8 e-Tron
Audi bestows a new name along with upgraded battery power and range upon its flagship electric SUV. The Q8 nomenclature is supposed to help the buyers understand where the brand’s electric SUV fits in the line-up.
By calling this model the Q8, Audi is clearly stating that the Audi Q8 e-Tron is the top model among its electric SUVs and crossovers.
The Impressive Exterior
- The pre-facelift was very traditional and prosaic, the new Audi Q8 e-Tron is a revolutionary model which has electrically written all over it. It is very attractive and is pleasing to the eye.
- The front has many cuts and creases, the grille gets multiple individual endings. The outer end of the bumper has massively flared recesses with a multifaceted surface.
- Stunning and agile features.
- Headlights continue to retain the Audi signature light design, emitting radiance onto the grille and casting the logo below.
- The logo now is a two-dimensional corporate logo that will remain the same across the Audi range.
- In India, this car will come with regular mirrors which usually are paired with rear-view camera stalks.
- 2 body style;
- The Sportback features a highly angled tailgate and windscreen with a lip spoiler on the boot lid.
- The SUV has an integrated spoiler at the top of the windscreen.
- Apart from that, there are a lot of similarities between the two variants, both carry a LED light bar.
- Audi has reduced the drag coefficient from 0.26 to 0.24 for the Q8 Sportback e-Tron, and from 0.28 to 0.27 for the q8 e-Tron.
The spacious premier Interior
- A peek in and you know that it is an Audi undoubtedly.
- Since the pre-facelift nothing, much has changed and the only customizations are the tiny bits and the colors.
- The interior quality is master class; well built and beautifully texturized and feels amazing to touch.
- The inside of the car has a lot if screens, which is a positive as it gives a techy vibe but at the same time there is an over-reliance on them.
- The HVAC screen has haptic feedback but not completely as one has to still keep juggling their sight between the road and the screen.
- In India the cars will encompass a rearview mirror; but in the original model, the outside rearview mirrors give way to the camera-fed screens.
- It is advantageous in certain lights and weather conditions, you get clear sight but at other times during unlikely weather conditions and muddy roads mirrors are simply better.
- It is built on the MLB platform just like its predecessor. A nearly flat floor with a battery below.
- There is sufficient space with impressive spacious and comfortable seats.
- The glass panorama roof makes the interior appear lighter and reinforces the sense of airiness and expansiveness. The glass elements open and close electronically.
- Space at the rear is also well-structured, even though the headroom of the Sportback is lower, it is more than sufficient for a 6 ft frame. The Q8 e-Tron provides the most available room and comfort with a length of 4.915 meters, a width of 1.937 meters, and a height of 1.619 meters for the Sportback and 1.633 meters for the SUV.
- Massive boot space i.e. 528 liters for the Sportback and 569 for the SUV additionally there is a 62-liter front storage trunk.
Driving Range and Battery
- With their two motors, the Audi Q8 e-Tron and Audi Q8 Sportback e-Tron generate 300kw in boost mode and 664 Nm of torque. Their ranges are up to 582 km for the SUV and up to 600 km for the Sportback in accordance with the WLTP.
- Their top speed is limited to 200km/hr.
- Two battery sizes can be selected, the more powerful versions of the Q8 55 e-Tron and SQ8 e-Tron have 106 net kWh (114 gross kWh). Thanks to an adjustment to the battery management system, the battery capacity usable for customers has increased as well.
- At a high-powered charging station, the Audi Q8 e-Tron reaches a maximum charging performance of 170 KW which is an increase from the pre-facelift.
- The big battery can be charged from ten to 80 percent during a roughly 31-minute charging stop – under ideal conditions, this corresponds to a range of up to 420 kilometers.
- The Audi Q8 e-Tron comes standard with the Plug & Charge function. At compatible charging stations, the vehicle authorizes itself when inserting the charging cable and activates the charging point.
Further Improved Features
- The new Audi Q8 e-Tron comes standard with an air-spring suspension with controlled shock absorption. The height of the car body can be varied by a total of 76 millimeters, depending on the driving situation.
- The electronic stability control (ESC) will allow for even more maneuverability in the future – especially in tight corners. The Audi Q8 e-Tron handles these with noticeably more agility thanks to its revised progressive steering.
- There are around 40 driver assistance systems available in the Audi Q8 e-Tron. Up to five radar sensors, five cameras, and 12 ultrasonic sensors provide environmental information that’s then analyzed by the central driver assistance control unit.
- Something new is remote park assist plus, which will be available to order starting in 2023. With its help, the Audi Q8 e-Tron can maneuver into even the tightest parking spaces. Customers can control the parking procedure through the myAudi app on their smartphones.
- The Q8 e-Tron optionally comes with digital Matrix LED headlights. While driving on the highway, the orientation light marks the car’s position in the lane and helps the driver remain securely in the center in narrow spaces. Three other new features are available as well: enhanced traffic information, the lane light with a direction indicator, and the orientation light on country roads.
When can we expect the Audi Q8 e-Tron market launch in India?
The market launch is expected in the months of July and August. The starting price is estimated at 1.3 crores. The previous models of the same car have been worth buying, therefore the customers will surely look forward to the launch of the Audi Q8 e-Tron.
Read More:- Audi A6 E-Tron Price, Launch date, Features & Highlights